For a project I am working on I needed a browser based (HTML5) image cropper tool so thought I would make one which I am releasing for free! The image cropper has a variety of features including:
- Rectangular crop area
- Aspect ratio enforcement (optional)
- Zooming (optional)
- Multi-touch on touch supported devices
As the title mentions, FizzX can now be downloaded from http://allanbishop.com/fizzx/. There is also a new version 0.3 out.
I figure this should make it a little easier to keep up to date with the different versions as well as viewing new features and fixes. Soon I will have some video footage of how I have used it for a game I am developing
Recently I have wanted to get back into developing interactive content for the web. While the web used to be my primary target platform with Adobe Flash, the lack of support on mobile devices and the shift to HTML5 has forced me to adapt.
Fortunately there are a couple of technologies that can really assist developers to create HTML5 content and in my opinion drastically improve coding efficiency, bug reduction, as well as provide robust APIs.
Using these two technologies in tandem makes it an enjoyable experience to develop HTML5 content. As a fun example I have implemented Matthias Müller-Fischer’s Fast Water Simulation algorithm.
After finding a bit of time I have fixed some glaring bugs and have now uploaded the first alpha version of my Box2D level editor called FizzX.
It’s an alpha so there are plenty of features missing and bugs, but I think it is at stage that you can build levels without too much drama
- Panning – Arrow keys to pan in addition to holding down alt and dragging.
- Rotating - Hold the left mouse button on a fixture edge, press and hold Q, and then drag to rotate.
- Scale – Hold the left mouse button down, press and hold T, and then drag to scale. (a bit buggy)
- Add the remaining joint types.
- Implement a preview window that can be scrolled.
- Add zooming capabilities.
- Select multiple fixtures to mass rotate and scale.
- Add support for category bit masks.
- Add support for Nape physics engine.
- Release importers for Apple SpriteKit, LibGDX, OpenFL and more.
- Improve GUI. May include porting over to LibGDX’s SceneUI.